This week I'm working on a presentation for the Webtrends Engage conference. My topic is quite specific and the time slot is very brief (10 minutes), so it's challenging me to do one heck of a presentation! I've been asked to speak to successful B2B Blogging.
I've narrowed the keys to Business to Business Blogging down to 5 distinct strategies for the presentation:
- Stai davanti. It's not enough to blog, you deve essere davanti a tutti gli altri concorrenti e altri rumori là fuori. Devi essere davanti ai clienti, in front of relevant social networks, in front of competitors' search engine results. No longer can you simply wait for people to find you.
- Fornisci un percorso. Ogni pagina del tuo blog è effettivamente una pagina di destinazione. Devi fornire ai visitatori dei modi per contattarti, devi fornire i motivi per contattarti e devi renderlo semplice e facile.
- Nutri i sensi. People don't read blog posts, they scan them. Some don't read at all, they look for visual and auditory mediums. If you're not using spazio bianco in modo efficace, facendo suono e video, you're not connecting with a large percentage of your prospective audience.
- Acquisisci informazioni. A blog is a fantastic way to provide information and build authority with prospects and customers. You don't have to do it for free though… it's okay to survey and request information about your reader. Providing additional resources such as whitepapers or webinars richiede la registrazione.
- Misura in dollari. Fidanzamento isn't measured in comments, it's misurata in dollari e centesimi. It's essential to integrate a business analitica strumento in grado di consentire una misurazione accurata dei tuoi sforzi di blogging.
Each key, of course, can have an associated presentation… but don't lose sight of the big picture if you're blogging for business with other businesses.