On this week's Bordo del Web Radio show and podcast, we're discussing online commerce and the steps companies must take to improve their online sales. In a recent infographic we shared, Data’s Role in the Online Path to Purchase, there were quite a few mentions of personalization and how it increases opens, clicks and conversions from email campaigns. But it should not be limited to your email messaging, personalization should be deployed around your entire online customer experience.
Personalization is not a tactic to just test, it's a proven strategy time in and time out for increasing sales. This infographic from SqXNUMX, an agency specializing in conversion optimization, is based on a whitepaper they've developed called Rendere la personalizzazione una priorità.
By leveraging product recommendations to drive cross- and up-sell opportunities and tailoring offers / messaging based on consumer historical data, marketers are able to build better bridges to consumers. They are able to boost the number of items sold and foster long-term loyalty. The proof is in the numbers. Nearly XNUMX% of marketers experienced increased ROI when they personalized their online store.
You should personalize everywhere you can including:
- Opt-in emails driving to your site
- Transaction emails which offer complementary products along with a promotional coupon through confirmation emails
- Personalization should affect your navigation options, landing pages and shopping carts on your website
- Create landing pages for promotions and repeat customers at log in
- Wish lists; make it easy for customers to quickly return to the products they are interested in